Hamster Fanatic Forum

Full Version: Wheel Recomendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

It's been a few years since I visited HFF so first off, hello! Wave I've been hamsterless for a few years but I got a rescue hamster about 2 weeks ago called Trixi.

Trixi currently has my old hamsters Junior Wodent Wheel. However, she is very nervous and scared so she is into chewing everything. Despite having plenty of toys to chew on, she has decided to chew a hole in the running strip of the Wodent Wheel, which is also her favourite toy.

I've shored the Wodent Wheel up with some cardboard as a temporary measure but if she decides to chew it again, it won't last
Wodent Wheels seem a bit thin on the ground these days and I've been out of the loop for a while so I wondered what the latest recommendations for wheel are. Any suggestions?.

Thanks

Genie
The BF has pointed out that as it's made of corex, I can just buy a sheet and cut a new strip. Problem solved!
Hiya! I like the Karlie Wonderland wheels (very quiet but sturdy). I also noticed that Pets at Home have started to sell their own brand of 'Silent Spinner' type wheels, the larger one would be good for hams I reckon.
I think we must have different selections of accessories in the US. I did like my Silent spinner, although it didn't stay silent after a few years. Well, I can't remember the name of the inexpensive wheels I used to by. Comfort Wheels, I think. They were sturdy but noisy.
I have a large one for my pygmy hedgehog once he is here but it is true, they don't stay silent for very long in my experience.

Hugs
JO xx
Reference URL's